Tuesday 15 May 2012

Plasma progress

Well I replaced the resistor thing but it blows the fuse. That in itself is not a bad thing because I am trying to get it to start on a 13amp fuse and it probably should be on a 30 amp circuit however the flash that appeared close to the resistor was more worrying, do I really want it on a 30 amp circuit at this stage I wonder? The resistor is part of a soft start circuit, once the power supply gets up to speed a relay bypasses the resistor. The idea is to limit the initial in rush currents. I suspect that for some reason the bypass relays have not done their job and there has been welding current going through the resistor causing it to explode. But having said that even after the brief turn on it was pretty hot, and I have to wonder where the flash came from. It was probably wishful thinking to thing this would be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment