Thursday 31 May 2012

Spinnage is good for you

I managed to get the polygon mirror scanner rotating nicely, it was actually very simple once I convinced myself I had the right pin out. Then I tried to get the laser to fire up, this time it was a little harder because I only have printer service manuals to go by, I think I got the right connections but failed to get it to fire. I may have damaged the laser. Anyway it doesn't really matter as that laser is of the wrong wave length, would have been nice though.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Graham,

    Could you post the pinout for the polygon mirror board?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try and find it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I've got the same unit, and I've yet to get it to spin. What did you use to generate the PWM signal for the clock input?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a micro controller but you don't need pwm just a pulse train IIRC.

      Delete